Voetbal in het Land Van Beveren
also didnt believe the

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Land Van Beveren // Ploegen in het Land Van Beveren
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
shushu

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-03-2019 03:41:32    Onderwerp: also didnt believe the Reageren met citaat
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - From his perch atop Regan Smiths pit box, team owner Dale Earnhardt Jr. had a clear view of the Daytona International Speedway finish line. He thought he was about to watch Smith win as his driver pulled away from the pack on the final lap Friday night in the Nationwide Series race. Then Kasey Kahne came charging through the outside lane, pulled alongside Smith and nipped him at the finish line. No worries for Earnhardt: Kahne also was in one of JR Motorsports Chevrolets. "I was just glad that it was one of our cars when I saw somebody flying by on the top," Earnhardt said. "When I got a glimpse of it, I was happy to see it was (Kahne.) It was Kahnes first Nationwide victory since a 2007 win at Bristol while driving for Ray Evernham. He hoped to translate it into another victory Saturday night in the Sprint Cup Series as Kahne looks for his first win of the season. Kahne is the only driver of the four Hendrick Motorsports drivers yet to win this season. "This will carry. I havent won in a while. To win in anything is good," Kahne said. "When I first came into this series in 02, I struggled to pick up stock cars. Id go and race my sprint car and could still win in sprint car races and Id come back feeling like I could win. ... Id run 15th or 20th, but I still felt way better coming back into that race after running my sprint car. Any momentum is good momentum." Kahne was 12th on a restart with three laps to go when Chase Elliott, another JR Motorsports driver, sputtered at the front of the field when the race went to green. It stacked up traffic behind Elliott and triggered a four-car crash that halted the restart. Kahne manoeuvred his way through the accident and found himself eighth when the race resumed for a two-lap overtime sprint to the finish. He weaved his way through traffic, but didnt appear to be in the mix for a shot at the win as Smith pulled away from the pack. But as the field hurtled through the final turn, Kyle Larson jumped out of line and made it three-wide behind Smith. Kahne moved into the top lane and, using a push from Ryan Sieg, charged alongside Smith and beat him to the line by .021 seconds. "Everything I did tonight was wrong — I looked in my mirror and would be like Go and then decide not to and itd be the right move," Kahne said. "I didnt really do a whole lot right, but at the end, I got a big push from (Sieg) and was able to get by Regan there. Just had tons of momentum there coming off turn four and had a fast car." Smith couldnt offer a better last-lap strategy then the one he used. "If I go up any higher, we probably all wreck right there," Smith said. "I dont know how to do it any different. Ill have to study the tape and see where I messed up. I had a pretty good sized gap, but at that point you cant crack the throttle or drag the brake. I lost just enough momentum that it didnt quite work out." It was the sixth win this season for JR Motorsports, and second consecutive following Kevin Harvicks victory last week at Kentucky. "It feels good to win. These guys have won five times already this year, so its nice to get one. It was a fun race." Smith, one of JR Motorsports two full-time drivers, wound up second in his return to Daytona following his victory in Februarys season-opener. Despite the defeat, Smith reclaimed the series points lead from Elliott Sadler. "Its kind of bittersweet," Smith said. "Im disappointed for the team, Im disappointed for my guys, and selfishly Im disappointed. But, for JR Motorsports, Im happy. A 1-2 finish is great. Its kind of a weird mix of emotions right now. "Im happy for the company and frustrated for the 7 team." Earnhardt was thrilled with the 1-2 finish and the sixth win for his company. "Im proud of the company and what theyve been able to accomplish this year. Sieg was a career-best third. "It was a win for us," Sieg said. "Hopefully it will bring some more sponsors. It would be nice to have a full-time sponsor, hopefully we turned some eyes." The performance earned huge praise from Earnhardt, who said he spent time watching Sieg race during last months race at Dover. "He impressed the hell out of me. I had not really paid a ton of attention to him prior to that, and I know those guys run on a shoestring (budget), but he had a couple of runs during the race at Dover that were better than anyone outside the top-five," Earnhardt said. "Its great to see him run well because I think he does a lot with very little." Ryan Reed finished a career-best fourth and was followed by Larson, Joey Logano and Darrell Wallace Jr. The top 10 was rounded out by Jeremy Clements, Trevor Bayne and Mike Wallace. Cheap NFL Jerseys . LOUIS -- The Atlanta Braves used a two-run rally in the ninth to end their road trip with a win. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . Phoenix originally signed Barbosa to a 10-day contract on Jan. 8 after Eric Bledsoe injured his knee and then signed him to another 10-day deal. http://www.jerseyscheapwholesalenfl.com/ .com) - The Los Angeles Kings peppered Ryan Miller with shot after shot. Discount Nike NFL Jerseys . The club was unable to retain hitting coach Kevin Seitzer, who is bound for Atlanta. Seitzer replaces Greg Walker, who was assisted by Scott Fletcher this season as the Braves finished 79-83. Cheap Authentic Nike NFL Jerseys . The post-season, Pierce said repeatedly, is no time to panic. And the Heat, apparently, are nothing to fear.Whatever confidence the Toronto Maple Leafs earned by winning the 2014 Winter Classic came crashing down in the clubs next trip to the ice. Tonight, the Maple Leafs hope to rebound from a lopsided defeat when they host the surging New York Islanders at Air Canada Centre. Watch all the action unfold live on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. Toronto posted a 3-2 shootout win while battling the Detroit Red Wings and snowy conditions on New Years Day in Ann Arbor. The outdoor victory was the third straight win for the Maple Leafs, but that streak came to an abrupt halt with Saturdays 7-1 rout at the hands of the visiting New York Rangers. New York grabbed a 2-0 lead in the first period and extend that cushion to five goals before Toronto finally reached the scoreboard late in the second period. When the dust finally settled, the Rangers wound up scoring seven goals in Toronto for the first time since winning 8-2 at Maple Leaf Gardens on March 14, 1990. Joffrey Lupul scored the lone goal for Toronto and Jonathan Bernier let in five goals on 32 shots before being pulled. James Reimer played the last 23- plus minutes in net and gave up two goals on 18 shots. Toronto coach Randy Carlyle said he thought the Winter Classic would have an adverse effect on his teams skating, but also didnt believe the "hangover" shouldve lasted more than a period. "That would be my assumption of it, that you might start out flat for a period but youd be able to get your legs back under you and get your game going to at least be more competitive," he said. "I expected a lot more from our group than what we got." The Leafs hope to bounce back against an Islanders team that has lost two of three and five of the last eight games in this series. Toronto notched a 5-2 home win over New York back on Nov. 19, snapping the Islees three-game winning streak at Air Canada Centre.dddddddddddd Leafs forward David Clarkson, who scored a goal when Toronto downed the visiting Islanders earlier this season, expects to miss Tuesdays tilt after injuring his left foot in Saturdays loss. Defenseman Carl Gunnarsson also left that game an upper-body injury and is doubtful for tonights test. The Islanders enter Tuesday having won four of their last five games and the club is coming off Mondays lopsided win over the visiting Dallas Stars. John Tavares recorded his fifth career hat trick and tied a career-high with five points in leading the Isles to the rout of the Stars at Nassau Coliseum. It was the highest goal total of the season for New York, which trailed 2-0 after 20 minutes, but received a goal apiece from Peter Regin, Ryan Strome, Brock Nelson and Brian Strait, along with all three of Tavares tallies, to skate away with the victory. With his huge night, Tavares pushed his point streak to five games. He has seven goals and five assists during the run and is third in the NHL with 51 points (20 goals, 31 assists) in 43 games this season. "A lot of guys did great things," Tavares said. "I was just happy I was able to capitalize." Evgeni Nabokov got the start in net for New York, but left the game in the first period with a lower-body injury. Kevin Poulin took over between the pipes and stopped 13 shots to pick up the victory. Poulin expects to get the start tonight in Toronto. His only career appearance against the Maple Leafs came on Nov. 19, when he yielded five goals on 24 shots in a loss at ACC. The Islanders will try to stay hot when they begin a six-game road trip tonight. New York is just 8-13-0 as the guest this season, but has won four straight away from Long Island. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Land Van Beveren // Ploegen in het Land Van Beveren Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: